Christmas is almost here, which means it’s one of the busiest times of the year for moms. Besides the usual to-do list, there’s decorating, baking, and gifts to buy and wrap. While it’s exciting, it can be overwhelming as well–especially if you are having a hard time coming up with Christmas gift ideas for toddlers!
The toddler age range can be super fun to shop for, and at the same time difficult. After all, you want to get them something they’ll love but that is also safe for them to play with and age appropriate.
And really, at this age you also want to give toddlers gifts that can also help them to continue learning. So today I have put together a list of awesome Christmas gift ideas for toddlers that are fun to play with, and help encourage learning.
This post may contain affiliate links. This means I may earn small commission from any purchases made through my links, at no additional cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Christmas Gift Ideas for Toddlers
- Corn Popper – We recently got this for my 1 year old’s birthday and he loves it! This is a great toy to encourage walking and motor skills.
- Mega Bloks Building Basics Shape Sorting Wagon Building Set – Mega Bloks make great toys for toddlers to begin learning to build things. This wagon set includes a shape sorter to help toddlers learn shapes, as well as motor skills and creativity.
- Xylophone – Have a little one that loves making musical sounds? This is a great toy to encourage your little one to explore the world of music early on!
- Melissa & Dough Play Food – This is a great toy to inspire creativity for toddlers.
- Pull Back Vehicle Set – My son got this for his first birthday and has a lot of fun with it! They’re very easy to use, and the cover can be taken off and washed.
- Town Play Mat & Cars – If your toddler isn’t quite ready for a pull back car, these soft cars are a great alternative. They come with a play mat that’s made for easy transportation–a great toy for vacations or visiting family and friends!
- Wooden Blocks – Blocks are a classic toddler toy! This is a gift that will last a long time, and will serve many purposes as your toddler grows and learns new things.
- Foam Blocks – If your toddler isn’t quite ready for wooden blocks, try these foam ones! My 1 year old is currently still into throwing things, so these foam blocks were a great solution. They are tough enough to prevent pieces from being chewed off, and promote problem solving and motor skills.
- Shape Sorting Cube – A shape sorting cube is a great toy to help encourage your toddler to learn shapes and develop motor skills.
- Geometric Stacker – My little guy loves his stacker! He recently figured out how to stack the rings, and does it every time he sees it now!
- Mickey and Minnie Learn and Grow Blocks – This is a great gift for any age toddler. My toddler loves to stack blocks, and it will help him later on when he begins to learn numbers, letters, and how to put pictures together!
- Bead Maze – Bead mazes are a great classic toddler toy that helps boost your little one’s learning.
- Play-Doh – If your little one is old enough, play-doh is a fantastic gift to give them this year! I loved playing with it when I was little, and I can’t wait for my son to be ready to get some!
- Little Tykes Cozy Coupe – I wish we had a backyard so I could get this for my toddler! These plastic cars are great for encouraging play outside.
- Swing – Swings are great ways to get your little one enjoying the outdoors – and you can use them for a while!
- Wood Train – This Thomas the Train would make a great train for the beginnings of any toddler train collection!
- Tonka Truck – If you have a little boy, Tonka trucks are classic toys for little boys. You’ll little dude will be sure to love it!
- First Wagon – If you’re stumped on great Christmas gift ideas for toddlers, try this one! There’s just something about toddlers and wagons. They’re great for pulling your toddler around, or for your toddler to pull things around the yard.
- Stacking Train – This is such a cool combination of a stacker and a train! A great toy for playing and learning with!
- VTech Turn and Learn Driver – This is great for both boys and girls, especially if your little one likes toys with bells, whistles, and plenty of buttons to push.
- First Slide – It may be cold out now, but Christmas time is still a great time to get outdoor toys. Or, put it in a playroom for your toddler to enjoy all year round.
- Mr Potato Head – This toy will forever be a classic for toddlers, and provides opportunity for creativity.
- Thomas Train w/ Track – if your little one likes riding on things, this may be the toy to get this Christmas! Believe it or not, it’s toddler friendly and works on and off the track, so it can grow with your little one!
What’s On Your Toddler’s Christmas List?
I hope I’ve been able to give you some great Christmas gift ideas for toddlers in your family. If something struck your fancy, drop me a line and let me know! Also, let me know what’s on your little one’s Christmas list–I’d love to get more ideas for my own!